Falmouth Museums on the Green
55 & 65 Palmer Avenue, Falmouth | 508.548.4857 | museumsonthegreen.org
Falmouth’s Village Green is surrounded by history, making it a fitting location for the Falmouth Museums on the Green. Owned and operated by the Falmouth Historical Society, the two-acre museum campus has been serving Falmouth since 1900.
On the property is the Dr. Francis Wicks house, built in 1790, which gives visitors a window into the life of a local physician, his Federalist-style house and the furnishings someone of that era would have adorned their home with. Across the lawn is the Conant house, c.1730, which houses the archives, offices and extensive research library of the Falmouth Historical Society as well as museum exhibits.
The latest addition to the campus is the cultural center, which opened in 2012 and hosts public programs and lectures. Connected to it is the rustic Hallet Barn, which houses the wheelchair-accessible visitor center and the “Whaling Wives Gift Shop.” The barn was built on the site of the original Hallet Barn in 2002.
The astounding grounds of the museum, bursting with color and life, are maintained by the Falmouth Garden Club. They include a herb garden, Colonial-style flower garden, and Memorial garden.
Located at 55 and 65 Palmer Avenue, the Museums on the Green is Falmouth’s repository for its past. For a full listing of events and programs or simply to learn more about the museums, go to http://www.museumsonthegreen.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.